Join us for several fun-filled afternoons of creativity and expression at our Japanese Pop Art workshop for kids aged 9-16. Immerse your child in the vibrant world of Japanese pop culture as we explore the fascinating fusion of people and animals, and landscapes and objects in art.
- Cost: $50 per program, 2 x 2 hour sessions (+ small Eventbrite booking fee)
- Program 1 - People & Animals: 18/9-19/9, 1-3pm
- Program 2 - Landscapes & Objects: 20/9-21/9, 1-3pm
- Location: 2 Dixon Street, Clayton, VIC 3168
Dixon House Neighbourhood Centre is excited to host Jaime Hoe Fun, a talented artist and teacher, whose experience spans several continents. Her interest is in the Japanese Superflat art movement, and in particular the Kawaii genre, the Japanese culture of cuteness - see examples at https://www.instagram.com/jaimehoefun/
Jaime has Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the National Institute of Education in Singapore, and has studied under Dr. John Matthews, an authority on children's art development. Your child's imagination will be unleashed as Jaime delves into the techniques and styles of Japanese pop art to create eye-catching and dynamic artworks that feature people and animals, or landscapes and objects. Jaime will guide your child through the process, teaching them the fundamentals of composition, color, and form.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL GAIN
• the experience to produce this type of art themselves
• the physical art they have created
• holographic stickers produced from their art
• digital captures of their art works that they can share with others as they wish
No prior art experience is required - all that is needed is enthusiasm and creativity! All materials will be provided, so your child can focus on enjoying the workshop and exploring their artistic abilities. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity for your child to discover the captivating world of Japanese pop art. Reserve a spot now!