5 Good Reasons to Volunteer
1) Impact the lives of others - someone out there needs your help. Maybe it's your skill, or knowledge, or life experience, or your understanding.
2) Build real connections in the community - forget Facebook...come to Dixon House to build real connections with friendly people of all ages and backgrounds.
3) Build your confidence - perhaps you don't know how much you can offer until you begin to do it. Come and give it a try and be surprised at what you can do.
4) Learn new skills - communication skills, organisational skills, technical skills, interpersonal skills.....
5) Get valuable work experience - perhaps you are currently studying, or have come from overseas and don't have much practical or local experience. Dixon House is a great place to gain skills to improve your future employability. You may even meet people who can guide you in this process.