PLEASE NOTE - Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, our programs have been reduced significantly and we are only operating online (via Zoom) in these programs:
If you will be applying for the above programs, please note that everything will be done online, including interviews.
STEP 1 - BEFORE APPLYING
STEP 2 - APPLYING
STEP 3 - INTERVIEW
STEP 4 - REFEREE CHECKS
STEP 5 - further checks & online induction
If the recruitment progresses:
IMPORTANT: Once completed, click HERE to subscribe to the Dixon House Volunteer Email Updates list
5 Good Reasons to Volunteer
1) Impact the lives of others - someone out there needs your help. Maybe it's your skill, or knowledge, or life experience, or your understanding.
2) Build real connections in the community - forget Facebook...come to Dixon House to build real connections with friendly people of all ages and backgrounds.
3) Build your confidence - perhaps you don't know how much you can offer until you begin to do it. Come and give it a try and be surprised at what you can do.
4) Learn new skills - communication skills, organisational skills, technical skills, interpersonal skills.....
5) Get valuable work experience - perhaps you are currently studying, or have come from overseas and don't have much practical or local experience. Dixon House is a great place to gain skills to improve your future employability. You may even meet people who can guide you in this process.