5 Good Reasons to Volunteer
1) Impact the lives of others - someone out there needs your help. Maybe it's your skill, or knowledge, or life experience, or your understanding.
2) Build real connections in the community - forget Facebook...come to Dixon House to build real connections with friendly people of all ages and backgrounds.
3) Build your confidence - perhaps you don't know how much you can offer until you begin to do it. Come and give it a try and be surprised at what you can do.
4) Learn new skills - communication skills, organisational skills, technical skills, interpersonal skills.....
5) Get valuable work experience - perhaps you are currently studying, or have come from overseas and don't have much practical or local experience. Dixon House is a great place to gain skills to improve your future employability. You may even meet people who can guide you in this process.
Community Lunch Chef / Helper
Dixon House runs a free community lunch every Wednesday at 12pm which serves between 40-50 people. We are looking for some new volunteers who are able to help in this area.
Responsibilities include: shopping, meal preparation, serving, clean-up.
Commitment is to be rostered at least twice a month, with a 10am start and 1pm finish.
Other information: there will be at least two other volunteers rostered on each shift, and cooking experience is preferred.
Please complete the form below if you are interested.